When planning a summer wedding, there are many different things that must be done. However, one of the first things you should do is reserve your function hall or venue. Consider these things before you choose your venue.
- Can I have my wedding ceremony there? The option to have your wedding ceremony and reception at the same venue is extremely practical and convenient for everyone involved. There is no need to drive to the reception since everything will be just steps away from the ceremony. There’s no chance of guests getting lost when your ceremony and reception are held at the same venue.
- Venue availability. When you decide on a wedding date, contact the venue or hall to ensure that they have your date available. Make sure that you verify the time you would like to reserve the venue. Ask about their cancellation policy in the event that you need to cancel or reschedule the day.
- Wedding reception setup. Request to view the room where the reception will be held so you can get an idea of how you’d like to set it up. You’ll want to make sure you have enough room for your guests, dancing, etc. Ask the venue manager if they have any sample wedding reception layouts that have worked in the past.
- What is included in the wedding reception venue price? When you first inquire about renting the venue, ask the manager what exactly is included in the price.
- Recommended vendors. There are various vendors that you will need for your wedding reception. Ask the manager if they have a list of recommended vendors that they have used for past wedding receptions.
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life so don’t be scared to ask questions! Exchange Hall provides a space for both wedding ceremonies and receptions. To learn more about our venue or to schedule a viewing, contact us at 978-263-8500 or by filling out our contact form.